Entry into private catholic schools is competitive. Applicants are required to take either the COOP or the HSPT to apply.
The HSPT is a two-and-a-half-hour test with five subtests: Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading, Mathematics, and Language Skills. The COOP also lasts two-and-a-half hours and contains 7 subtests: Sequences, Analogies, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning-Words, Verbal Reasoning-Context, Reading, and Mathematics. We will prepare students for these tests to give them the best chance possible at gaining entry to their desired high school.
We will work on these topics and skills
- Developing test-taking strategies
- Identifying main ideas in a text
- Finding contextual evidence
- Defining words using context
- Learning standard English conventions
- Identifying patterns in series
- Geometric reasoning
- Number manipulation
- Solving practical math problems