The CogAT, or Cognitive Abilities Test, measures students’ learning abilities to help educators determine their placement in gifted or honors programs.
The test evaluates students’ cognitive skills that they have developed so far in their education and that will contribute to their academic performance in the future. The CogAT is commonly used not only a metric for general success but as an aptitude test for K-8 honors programs.
We will work with students on these topics
- Work with quantitative reasoning skills
- Organize & give meaning to numerals and math symbols
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate reasoning in using geometric figures
- Increase reading comprehension
- Demonstrate fluency when reading a text
- Practice test-day strategies